Black Bear Soap Dish
● Keeps your sink area clean and organized.
● Food-safe glaze.
● Use them all over your home!
● Size: 5” x 3.5” x 1” Weight: 4oz.
● Microwave and Dishwasher Safe
How are the soap dishes made?
Our soap dishes are all different since each and every one is hand-rolled and individually cut from the clay. Once the soap dish is cut from the clay we place it into a simple mold we found at the dollar store that was just the right size to cradle our wet clay.
Moses loves to take the wooden cutouts of various critters, flowers, and words and press them into the wet clay. Over the next few days, the clay is allowed to dry slowly. Each dish is then wiped down, trimmed, signed, and dated.
The dry dish will be fired to 1800 degrees. After this first bisk firing the hardened soap dish is ready to have its bottom waxed. Each soap dish that has an image or stamp on it will have to be individually hand-painted with colorful glazes and then submerged into the clear glaze bucket. After the dish is glazed, it will be loaded back into the kiln for a glaze firing of 2200 degrees. A few days later, we open the kiln and have beautifully glazed soap dishes that Miss Jenny sells with her soaps.
Other ways people use the dishes!
The dishes can also be used for holding other things like sponges, jewelry, spoon rest, and a change dish.
Each and every piece of pottery made by Muddy Moses and Mom are unique.
When you order a piece of our pottery off our website please take into consideration that all our soap dishes, spoon rest, leaves, and individual pieces are hand made and NO two will be truly the same. We will do our best to fill your order with an item that is as similar to the photo representing the item as possible.
• The clay’s thickness, shape, stamp, and color can vary ever so slightly because each one is individually made and glazed by hand.
• The clay color can vary depending on its location in the kiln and the temperature is reached when it was fired.
• The glaze color can be different shades again depending on the temperate it reached and where it was located in the kiln.
• Please be aware that all computers and electronic devices may show the item’s colors in a different tone than it really is.
• Every piece we make is made with non-toxic clay and glazes. All our pottery is microwaveable, dishwasher and food safe!
Moses and I want you to enjoy your treasures and be happy with your all purchases. However, if you find that you are truly unhappy with your unique purchase, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected] so we can resolve the issue quickly.
Enjoy and God Bless,